- love the human voice?
- the focus of a subspecialty?
- enthusiastic about the subspecialty of voice diagnosis and treatment?
- interested in gender affirmation voice surgery?
- enjoy high definition video work?
- staying on top of endoscopic imaging?
- the complexities of diagnostic sleuthing?
- have a background in music?
I am James Thomas and with my staff we have built a practice dedicated exclusively to laryngology/voice disorders over 20 years. My current priorities for teaching and speaking on laryngology lead me to almost monthly travel around the world (pre-COVID and maybe again...). Applications are being accepted for the next fellowship opening is July 2022.
Side benefits: The fellowship is located in central Portland, which is a delightful, liberal west coast city with incredible lifestyle living in an urban area. Wilderness abounds, beginning as close as a 10 minute ride from the office. We are an active gastronomic, creative beverage, coffee loving, pedestrian, transit, & cycling friendly community.
Fellowship salary is $71,000, includes malpractice insurance.
There remains options for a shorter observational fellowship in the period between December 2020 and June 2022.