Is it possible

Printer-friendly version


I am a 25yrs man.I am live in India(West Bengal,Calcutta). I live like a normal man. my behavior and activities like a man. but my problem  is, my voice like female. it is very unfortunate for me. I feel very sad when I received a phone calls or something.the unknown person called me friend and other people misbehave me. then I feel very sad. this time I feel I commit suicide. because I live like man and I am not a woman.when I was 17-18 yrs old this problem was voice was choked. few month later it something clear but my voice was like female.I am not know medical terms or languages so I written in simple it possible to change my voice quality like man ? please help me sending a suggestion or medical help. 
I hope it is possible. please save me.
James P Thomas MD's picture
Submitted by James P Thomas MD on Sat, 2012-04-07 14:21

in general, pitch is related to the size and the tension of the vocal cord muscles. If the vocal cords are thin or bowed in a male, then they may vibrate at a higher pitch and sound feminine. It is quite possible to treat this condition by correcting the thinness of the vocal cords. I list a number of laryngologists around the world, including some in India at