Gay Voice

Printer-friendly version

 I hope you can help me. I am 30 year old man who has an abnormal

voice, it is high pitched and 'gay sounding'. I have read and done many
exercises without success, however reading more and more about this and I am
aware that surgery may help me.
I read that removing a segment of cartilage from the voice box would loosen
the vocal folds.
Any help or advice would be great, if it is not possible from yourself than
maybe a recommendation. 
I live in the UK.
James P Thomas MD's picture
Submitted by James P Thomas MD on Sat, 2012-04-07 12:57

Before deciding on a surgical treatment, it is important to know what the diagnosis is. Someone needs to answer why your voice is at a high pitch. Without a cause, it is difficult, if not impossible to comment on the treatment. I list the physicians that I know on this website at